November 8-10, 2010, at Yahoo!'s main campus in Sunnyvale, CA
YUIConf 2010 is over! Thanks to everyone who came out. Read all about it at YUIBlog.com
The full schedule is available at http://yuilibrary.com/yuiconf2010/schedule.php.
- Douglas Crockford: "Project Future" — In software development, we dream about architecture. This is the true story of such a dream. Wednesday, November 10, 6:30 p.m., URL's
This year's YUIConf presenters include Christian Heilmann, Dav Glass, and Nicholas Zakas, and they'll be taking the podium on topics spanning YQL, Node.js, and YUI:
- An Introduction to YQL
- YQL + YUI: Building End-to-End Applications
- Building YQL Open Data Tables with YQL Execute
- Using (Not Abusing) YQL for Caching, Filtering and Collating Data
- Node.js + YUI 3
- Using Node.js and YUI 3 for Server or Browser Side View Rendering
- Understanding Progressive Enhancement with YUI: Write Less, Achieve More
- Internationalizing Applications Using YUI 3
- Introducing YUI 3 AutoComplete
- The Journey from Idea to Functioning Widget in YUI 3
- Finger Tips: Lessons Learned From Building a Touch-Based Experience
- and much, much more!
YUIConf 2010 is sold out! Look for videos of the sessions on YUI Theater — coming soon!
Yahoo is located at 701 First Ave, Sunnyvale, CA. We are 8.5 miles north of Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) and 27 miles south of San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Yahoo is accessible by public transportation. From the Caltrain Downtown Mountain View station, you can take a VTA light rail train to the Lockheed Martin station, which is just a few blocks away from Yahoo.
Where to Stay
If you are traveling in from out of town, there are a couple hotels nearby that we can recommend. Please call for more details and be sure to ask for the Yahoo rate (pending availability):
- Sunnyvale Sheraton (USD 127.00)
The Sunnyvale Sheraton is less than a mile away and also provides a complimentary shuttle to and from Yahoo (M-F 7am-7pm based on availability). Free wi-fi. No breakfast.
- Wild Palms Hotel (USD 69.00 - 89.00)
The Wild Palms Hotel is a Joie de Vivre property located in Sunnyvale, CA just over 5 miles away. Free wi-fi, complimentary continental breakfast, and a shuttle.